Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cheapest supplier of SPA-1001?...and operation with SPA-3000 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t293655-cheapest-supplier-of-spa-1001-and-operation-with-spa-3000-a.html)

Brian A 05-17-2006 11:52 AM

Cheapest supplier of SPA-1001?...and operation with SPA-3000

Unfortunately broadbandbuyer don't do the SPA-1001 any longer. The
price charged by other vendors is, in some cases, TWICE that of the US
price and that makes me think, even in rip off UK, that it is over
priced. There have been some offerings at decent prices but I didn't
jump in fast enough and now they have gone. Anyone know of a good
source?

I assume that my idea will work:
I want to plug the output of the 1001 into the PSTN input of my
SPA-3000 - thereby giving me 2 more incoming VOIP lines.
Anyone tried this?
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Ivor Jones 05-17-2006 06:05 PM

Re: Cheapest supplier of SPA-1001?...and operation with SPA-3000

"Brian A" <no_spam_bca1000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Unfortunately broadbandbuyer don't do the SPA-1001 any
> longer. The price charged by other vendors is, in some
> cases, TWICE that of the US price and that makes me
> think, even in rip off UK, that it is over priced. There
> have been some offerings at decent prices but I didn't
> jump in fast enough and now they have gone. Anyone know
> of a good source?
>
> I assume that my idea will work:
> I want to plug the output of the 1001 into the PSTN
> input of my SPA-3000 - thereby giving me 2 more incoming
> VOIP lines.
> Anyone tried this?

Hmm, it might work, but probably a neater option would be either Asterisk
or if you're a telecomms nostalgia nut like I am, get one of these off
eBay:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/london16.htm

and plug all your analogue phones into it..! You'll be able to plug in old
rotary dial phones as well, and use them on VoIP, the thing converts from
pulse dialling to DTMF on the fly..!

Ivor

JW 05-17-2006 10:48 PM

Ivor Jones wrote:
> "Brian A" <no_spam_bca1000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Unfortunately broadbandbuyer don't do the SPA-1001 any
>>longer. The price charged by other vendors is, in some
>>cases, TWICE that of the US price and that makes me
>>think, even in rip off UK, that it is over priced. There
>>have been some offerings at decent prices but I didn't
>>jump in fast enough and now they have gone. Anyone know
>>of a good source?
>>
>>I assume that my idea will work:
>>I want to plug the output of the 1001 into the PSTN
>>input of my SPA-3000 - thereby giving me 2 more incoming
>>VOIP lines.
>>Anyone tried this?

> Hmm, it might work, but probably a neater option would be either Asterisk
> or if you're a telecomms nostalgia nut like I am, get one of these off
> eBay:
>
> http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/london16.htm
>
> and plug all your analogue phones into it..! You'll be able to plug in old
> rotary dial phones as well, and use them on VoIP, the thing converts from
> pulse dialling to DTMF on the fly..!
>
> Ivor

ISTR London systems which could not send DTMF to the
exchange. Maybe depends on card version.

Ivor Jones 05-18-2006 12:52 AM

"JW" <jw@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Ivor Jones wrote:

[snip]

> > Hmm, it might work, but probably a neater option would
> > be either Asterisk or if you're a telecomms nostalgia
> > nut like I am, get one of these off eBay:
> >
> > http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/london16.htm
> >
> > and plug all your analogue phones into it..! You'll be
> > able to plug in old rotary dial phones as well, and use
> > them on VoIP, the thing converts from pulse dialling to
> > DTMF on the fly..!

> ISTR London systems which could not send DTMF to the
> exchange. Maybe depends on card version.

Card configuration more likely. There were two versions of exchange line
card, but both had links to set whether the output to the exchange was
pulse or DTMF.

Ivor

PhilT 05-19-2006 11:32 AM

Brian A wrote:
> Unfortunately broadbandbuyer don't do the SPA-1001 any longer. The
> price charged by other vendors is, in some cases, TWICE that of the US
> price and that makes me think, even in rip off UK, that it is over
> priced. There have been some offerings at decent prices but I didn't
> jump in fast enough and now they have gone. Anyone know of a good
> source?

http://www.provu.co.uk/sipura.html
<60 ?

you didn't give a target price.