Velocity Reviews

-   -   "Error 623 The system could not find the phonebook entry for this connection" What does it mean? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t293521-error-623-the-system-could-not-find-the-phonebook-entry-for-this-connection-what-does-it-mean.html)

Juan I. Cahis 05-16-2006 07:02 PM

"Error 623 The system could not find the phonebook entry for this connection" What does it mean?

Dear friends:

Since a couple of days, every time I want to browse any Website using
Mozilla/Firefox, I get the following error message:

"Error 623 The system could not find the phonebook entry for this
connection", and after clicking "OK" in the error message box, all
works OK. What does it mean?

I don't get any similar message in any other application, only in
Mozilla. I upgraded yesterday Mozilla to the latest release, and the
same happened.

The Windows Help list this error message, but without any further
explanation. What and where is the "phonebook entry" for a perpetually
connected Internet Connection through my Cable Provider? I don't dial
to anybody to be connected, I need only to plug my RJ-45 LAN cable to
my LAN adapter in the back of my computer and that is it!!!

Any hint?

Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)
Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

Ed Mullen 05-16-2006 08:02 PM

Re: "Error 623 The system could not find the phonebook entry forthis connection" What does it mean?

Juan I. Cahis wrote:
> Dear friends:
>
> Since a couple of days, every time I want to browse any Website using
> Mozilla/Firefox, I get the following error message:
>
> "Error 623 The system could not find the phonebook entry for this
> connection", and after clicking "OK" in the error message box, all
> works OK. What does it mean?
>
> I don't get any similar message in any other application, only in
> Mozilla. I upgraded yesterday Mozilla to the latest release, and the
> same happened.
>
> The Windows Help list this error message, but without any further
> explanation. What and where is the "phonebook entry" for a perpetually
> connected Internet Connection through my Cable Provider? I don't dial
> to anybody to be connected, I need only to plug my RJ-45 LAN cable to
> my LAN adapter in the back of my computer and that is it!!!
>
> Any hint?

Not sure if this is it but a Google search indicates a VPN problem.

And your English is just fine!

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net