Velocity Reviews

-   -   Olympus C50 Sunglare (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t292815-olympus-c50-sunglare.html)

Louise 08-15-2004 07:07 PM

Olympus C50 Sunglare

I have the Olympus C50 which does not accept filters. I am going to the
Galapagos, any suggestions on how to eliminate sunglare?
Thanks in advance

Roland Karlsson 08-15-2004 07:32 PM

Re: Olympus C50 Sunglare

"Louise" <LRapoza@comcast.net> wrote in news:BeednbG_8pDgKYLcRVn-
oQ@comcast.com:

> I have the Olympus C50 which does not accept filters. I am going to the
> Galapagos, any suggestions on how to eliminate sunglare?

Do you mean that you want to use a polariser?
Or do you mean that you want to use a lens shade?

/Roland

Louise 08-15-2004 08:10 PM

Re: Olympus C50 Sunglare

I have a hood for my camera's monitor.
I want to be able to take photos without all the "white" from sun
reflections.
I don't think that I will be able to get the animals to pose in the correct
lighting to prevent glare.
I do use a photo editing program, but being on islands full of sand and also
on the sea is going to
prove to be quite a challenge. I prefer to take the best photo possible,
then edit it if necessary.
My camera, Olympus C50, does not allow a polarizing filter...
I have read that polarized sunglasses might work, but maybe there is another
solution.
Again, thanks in advance.

Gareth Tuckwell 08-16-2004 12:29 AM

Re: Olympus C50 Sunglare

Just take all your photos at night.

Only joking, have a great holiday!

Michael Meissner 08-16-2004 01:01 AM

Re: Olympus C50 Sunglare

"Louise" <LRapoza@comcast.net> writes:

> I have the Olympus C50 which does not accept filters. I am going to the
> Galapagos, any suggestions on how to eliminate sunglare?
> Thanks in advance

In the past, I've seen a filter system from Cokin that screwed on to the tripod
holder of the camera and allowed you to use Cokin A square filters (such as the
A160 polarizer). I don't know if it is still in production or not, since I
haven't noticed it in the camera stores for a bit....

--
Michael Meissner
email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org