Velocity Reviews

-   -   Canon has the edge in Athens (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t292748-canon-has-the-edge-in-athens.html)

Ken Oaf 08-13-2004 09:28 PM

Canon has the edge in Athens

So far Canon seems to have the edge over Nikon as the camera of choice for the
professionals in Athens.

Ian Stirling 08-13-2004 10:09 PM

Re: Canon has the edge in Athens

Ken Oaf <tipsy@beerlover.com.au> wrote:
> So far Canon seems to have the edge over Nikon as the camera of choice for the
> professionals in Athens.

And I see that the constellation of flashing idiocy is just as big
as ever.

G. Innipig 08-13-2004 10:30 PM

"Ian Stirling" <root@mauve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> And I see that the constellation of flashing idiocy is just as big
> as ever.

LOL, I noticed that. Let's hope they are mostly using digital, otherwise
there's going to be a hell of a lot of wasted film tonight!

RSD99 08-14-2004 12:26 AM

Re: Canon has the edge in Athens

= "Situation Normal," for "Sports Photography."

Drazen Stojcic / BUNTOVNIK 08-14-2004 12:54 AM

Re: Canon has the edge in Athens

"Ken Oaf" <tipsy@beerlover.com.au> wrote in message
> So far Canon seems to have the edge over Nikon as the camera of choice for

the
> professionals in Athens.

This is old news pal. The Canon had the edge over Nikon on Superbowl and
Euro 2004 too, and on pretty much any sporting event in last year. People
shooting sport tend to lean toward Canon because of their fast telephoto
lenses, and combined with big sensors such as those in 1D mk II and 1Ds,
it's pretty much the logical choice for any sport shooter if he wants to
satisfy his editor's "whole front page covered" ideas.

--
------------------------------
online photo portfolio

" If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the
event, what film would you use?"
- Anonymous

Crownfield 08-14-2004 02:51 AM

Ken Oaf wrote:

> So far Canon seems to have the edge over Nikon as the camera of choice for the
> professionals in Athens.

how many pro sigma users can you see in athens?

the preddiot will be interested.

Annika1980 08-14-2004 03:13 AM

Re: Canon has the edge in Athens

>From: Crownfield Crownfield@cox.net

>how many pro sigma users can you see in athens?

Hey you made a funny!
Using "Sigma" and "pro" in the same sentence. LOL!

Big Bill 08-14-2004 04:37 PM

Re: Canon has the edge in Athens

On 13 Aug 2004 22:09:55 GMT, Ian Stirling <root@mauve.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

>Ken Oaf <tipsy@beerlover.com.au> wrote:
>> So far Canon seems to have the edge over Nikon as the camera of choice for the
>> professionals in Athens.

>And I see that the constellation of flashing idiocy is just as big
>as ever.

It's been my observation that, no matter what the occasion (Olympics
or tractor pull) the flashes in the stands go off.
I think it's a function of a lot of the cameras being used;
point'n'shoots with no way to turn the flash off. They'll get home,
process the film, and wonder why they can'tr see anything but the
entire stadium, with the subject a small dot in the center...

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Robert Barr 08-14-2004 05:27 PM

Re: Canon has the edge in Athens

>>And I see that the constellation of flashing idiocy is just as big
>>as ever.

> It's been my observation that, no matter what the occasion (Olympics
> or tractor pull) the flashes in the stands go off.

I think it's even more comical that this visual effect -- the
'constellation' -- is artificially introduced on some television
broadcasts of events like professional wrestling. It almost completes
the circle of flawed logic, supposedly enhancing the appearance of the
excitement of the crowd.

Big Bill 08-14-2004 06:20 PM

Re: Canon has the edge in Athens

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 17:27:50 GMT, Robert Barr
<sallydog716-d1@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>And I see that the constellation of flashing idiocy is just as big
>>>as ever.

>> It's been my observation that, no matter what the occasion (Olympics
>> or tractor pull) the flashes in the stands go off.
>>

>I think it's even more comical that this visual effect -- the
>'constellation' -- is artificially introduced on some television
>broadcasts of events like professional wrestling. It almost completes
>the circle of flawed logic, supposedly enhancing the appearance of the
>excitement of the crowd.

Um, well, I'll take your word for that.
I don't watch pro wrestling. :-)

Bill Funk