Velocity Reviews

-   -   Mystery Digital -- Do They Even Make One? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t292630-mystery-digital-do-they-even-make-one.html)

DrMojo 08-10-2004 03:15 PM

Mystery Digital -- Do They Even Make One?

Looking for a basic Digital Camera that would be similar in termperment to
a Contax G2 or classic rangefinder, meaning I'd like it to have the least
amount of the dreaded digital lag as possible (more responsive to shutter,
in other words, not drawn out), anywhere from 3.2 to 5 mgapixel (enough to
do 8 x 10s as top with, perhaps, the occasional larger), and relatively
fast in lower light.

Is that even possible? I'd think if anybody would know, it would be the
people on this forum, which I enjoy lurking in and reading from.

Thanks!

DrM

Brian C. Baird 08-10-2004 04:53 PM

Re: Mystery Digital -- Do They Even Make One?

In article <Xns95416845F3126nonenopethanks@151.164.30.92>,
none@nope.thanks says...
> Looking for a basic Digital Camera that would be similar in termperment to
> a Contax G2 or classic rangefinder, meaning I'd like it to have the least
> amount of the dreaded digital lag as possible (more responsive to shutter,
> in other words, not drawn out), anywhere from 3.2 to 5 mgapixel (enough to
> do 8 x 10s as top with, perhaps, the occasional larger), and relatively
> fast in lower light.
>
> Is that even possible? I'd think if anybody would know, it would be the
> people on this forum, which I enjoy lurking in and reading from.
>
> Thanks!
>
> DrM

Your best bet at this point (cost and performance wise) is a digital
SLR. You'll get quick AF, or at least effective manual focusing and
near instantaneous capture. You won't mind the extra resolution or
features, either. Try out a Nikon D70 or a Canon Digital Rebel - it's
just like shooting a film camera.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

Dave 08-10-2004 06:00 PM

Re: Mystery Digital -- Do They Even Make One?

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec.../epson_rd1.asp

news:Xns95416845F3126nonenopethanks@151.164.30.92. ..