Velocity Reviews

-   -   Traveling in Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t292515-traveling-in-colorado-wyoming-south-dakota.html)

Eric E 08-07-2004 04:30 PM

Traveling in Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota...

Hi,

I'll be in the USA ( Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota - Idaho -
Washington )at the end of this month, traveling around and taking
pictures with my Nikon 5400. I wonder if places like Walgreens ( it
seems to me that in these parts, Walgreens is almost everywhere ) can
copy my compact flash on a CD for me ? I am afraid I won't have enough
memory to last me my whole 15 days.... So if you could direct me to
places in these states where I could save my pictures on CD, i'd be very
happy.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Eric

Boojumhunter 08-07-2004 06:45 PM

Re: Traveling in Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota...

"Eric E" <nospam@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'll be in the USA ( Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota - Idaho -
> Washington )at the end of this month, traveling around and taking
> pictures with my Nikon 5400. I wonder if places like Walgreens ( it
> seems to me that in these parts, Walgreens is almost everywhere ) can
> copy my compact flash on a CD for me ? I am afraid I won't have enough
> memory to last me my whole 15 days.... So if you could direct me to
> places in these states where I could save my pictures on CD, i'd be very
> happy.

Kinkos?

Roger 08-07-2004 06:48 PM

Re: Traveling in Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota...

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 18:30:49 +0200, Eric E <nospam@mailinator.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'll be in the USA ( Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota - Idaho -
>Washington )at the end of this month, traveling around and taking
>pictures with my Nikon 5400. I wonder if places like Walgreens ( it
>seems to me that in these parts, Walgreens is almost everywhere ) can
>copy my compact flash on a CD for me ? I am afraid I won't have enough
>memory to last me my whole 15 days.... So if you could direct me to
>places in these states where I could save my pictures on CD, i'd be very
>happy.
>
>Thanks in advance for any answers.
>
>Eric

Eric,

Walgreens - part of the Safeway grocery chain of stores or Osco, part
of the Albertsons' stores are drug-store/pharmacies, most of which
have self serve photo kiosks that can provide that service. There is
also a chain of photo stores Ritz/Wolf that also offer digital
services. Some WalMart stores also offer digital services. You should
be able to find a business to help you.

That said, much of Wyoming and South Dakota and 2/3 of Colorado are
"rural" states with small towns and widely separated population
centers. A little extra memory to get you between stops may be a good
idea - or some extended power to allow for some in-camera editing.
Also, don't pass up an opportunity to off-load memory cards. Even on
the interstate highways services may be widely separated and the view
in-between cities/town/villages can be noteworthy.

Regards,
Roger

Roger 08-07-2004 06:50 PM

wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'll be in the USA ( Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota - Idaho -
>Washington )at the end of this month, traveling around and taking
>pictures with my Nikon 5400. I wonder if places like Walgreens ( it
>seems to me that in these parts, Walgreens is almost everywhere ) can
>copy my compact flash on a CD for me ? I am afraid I won't have enough
>memory to last me my whole 15 days.... So if you could direct me to
>places in these states where I could save my pictures on CD, i'd be very
>happy.
>
>Thanks in advance for any answers.
>
>Eric

Eric,

I forgot to mention that this is good country for a polarizing filter.
It's useful at high altitudes as well as on the plains to cut haze.

Regards,
Roger

Jerry D. 08-07-2004 10:14 PM

Re: Traveling in Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota...

WalMart will copy your images from your CF to a CD (100 images per CD)
for $3.84 each CD. Most major cities have several stores. Rite-Aid and
Walgreens may also provide this service. JD

Guy Scharf 08-07-2004 10:43 PM

jfd92245@att.net (Jerry D.) wrote:

> WalMart will copy your images from your CF to a CD (100 images per
> CD) for $3.84 each CD. Most major cities have several stores.
> Rite-Aid and Walgreens may also provide this service. JD

Long's Drugs also provides this service. However, to my dismay, they
copied only JPG files and did not copy NEF files despite being asked to
copy everything.

Guy

Eric E 08-08-2004 10:48 AM

Roger a écrit :

> On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 18:30:49 +0200, Eric E <nospam@mailinator.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'll be in the USA ( Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota - Idaho -
>>Washington )at the end of this month, traveling around and taking
>>pictures with my Nikon 5400. I wonder if places like Walgreens ( it
>>seems to me that in these parts, Walgreens is almost everywhere ) can
>>copy my compact flash on a CD for me ? I am afraid I won't have enough
>>memory to last me my whole 15 days.... So if you could direct me to
>>places in these states where I could save my pictures on CD, i'd be very
>>happy.
>>
>>Thanks in advance for any answers.
>>
>>Eric

> Eric,
>
> I forgot to mention that this is good country for a polarizing filter.
> It's useful at high altitudes as well as on the plains to cut haze.
>
> Regards,
> Roger

Thanks all for your kind help.

Eric

Mark Panitz 08-10-2004 02:43 PM

Re: Traveling in Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota...

"Boojumhunter" <nospam@nospam.never> wrote in message news:<Er9Rc.1536882$Ar.367675@twister01.bloor.is.n et.cable.rogers.com>...
> "Eric E" <nospam@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'll be in the USA ( Colorado - Wyoming - South Dakota - Idaho -
> > Washington )at the end of this month, traveling around and taking
> > pictures with my Nikon 5400. I wonder if places like Walgreens ( it
> > seems to me that in these parts, Walgreens is almost everywhere ) can
> > copy my compact flash on a CD for me ? I am afraid I won't have enough
> > memory to last me my whole 15 days.... So if you could direct me to
> > places in these states where I could save my pictures on CD, i'd be very
> > happy.

> Kinkos?

yes kinkos has those sony picture maker where you can burn
photos from a Memory stick, CF, and other memory cards onto a CD
(they aslo sell the CD)

(in the LA area -to burn a CD is $4.99 not sure about the other states
charges)