Velocity Reviews

-   -   Movie Review - My Big Fat Independent Movie (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t292345-movie-review-my-big-fat-independent-movie.html)

John Metzger 05-14-2006 01:36 PM

Movie Review - My Big Fat Independent Movie

Movie Review - My Big Fat Independent Movie

Where Scary Movie poked fun at horror films and Airplane! mocked
disaster flicks, My Big Fat Independent Movie attempts to skewer a
low-budget industry that has become a major business. Unfortunately,
more often than not, the picture doesn't succeed, and part of the
problem undoubtedly lies with the fact that most of the more than two
dozen films that director Philip Zlotorynski, along with screenwriters
Adam Schwartz and Chris Gore, attempted to ridicule actually were quite
good. To their credit, they do uncover the formulaic approach that
drives the industry -- that is, the arty abandonment of convention just
for the sake of it -- but in doing so, they completely lose their focus.
Simply put, spoofs are supposed to be funny, and My Big Fat
Independent Movie is tediously humor-free.

This is an excerpt. To read the complete review, please visit:

http://www.musicbox-online.com/filmr...ent-movie.html