Velocity Reviews

-   -   Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t292063-attempted-to-read-or-write-protected-memory-this-is-often-an-indication-that-other-memory-is-corrupt.html)

Dhruba Bandopadhyay 05-12-2006 01:24 PM

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

I have a problem.

I have a C++ service and added a new API to it. I re-registered the service
and re-added the reference in my ASP.NET Visual Web Developer. However when
I call the new API I get:

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication
that other memory is corrupt.

I debugged the C++ service and found that my new function doesn't even get
called.

Does anyone know about registering a COM / service, and then updating your
dlls/exe (of the service)?