Velocity Reviews

-   -   how to link static library to another static libraries (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t291079-how-to-link-static-library-to-another-static-libraries.html)

free2cric@yahoo.com 05-16-2005 03:38 PM

how to link static library to another static libraries

Hi,
I have two c++ static libraries say A.lib and B.lib.
I am creating third static library C
I create project in microsoft visual studio as win32 static library.
I go to project-> settings -> link , i dont find object/library module
where I
can type in the names of A.lib and b.lib.. this option is available if
i create dynamic library.
Thanks
cric

Victor Bazarov 05-16-2005 04:02 PM

Re: how to link static library to another static libraries

free2cric@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have two c++ static libraries say A.lib and B.lib.
> I am creating third static library C
> I create project in microsoft visual studio as win32 static library.
> I go to project-> settings -> link , i dont find object/library module
> where I
> can type in the names of A.lib and b.lib.. this option is available if
> i create dynamic library.

Please ask in 'microsoft.public.vc.project_mgt'. This is not a C++
_language_ question, it's a question how to maintain and manage your
projects in Visual C++.

Maett 05-16-2005 04:40 PM

free2cric@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I have two c++ static libraries say A.lib and B.lib.
> I am creating third static library C
> I create project in microsoft visual studio as win32 static library.
> I go to project-> settings -> link , i dont find object/library module
> where I
> can type in the names of A.lib and b.lib.. this option is available if
> i create dynamic library.
> Thanks
> cric

Why do you want to link your static library with any other library ?
A static library is just a collection of object files;
no resolution of external symbols is done,
so there is no need to link with anything.

Cheers
Maett