Velocity Reviews

-   -   check symbol table (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t290762-check-symbol-table.html)

linq936@hotmail.com 05-02-2005 10:31 PM

check symbol table

Hi,
This might be off topic a little. In using gdb to debug my code I can
not use "print" command to examine the value, gdb returns me
"incomplete type".
But "ptype ClassName" does return me a brief description of the
class. So it makes me think the symbol table is somehow not correct.
Now I wonder how to check the symbol table? I know a util called,nm.
But it only list the symbol names in some strange way. I wonder if
somehow I can check the class definition from the symbol table.

Thanks.

msalters 05-04-2005 02:02 PM

Re: check symbol table

linq936@hotmail.com schreef:
> Hi,
> This might be off topic a little. In using gdb ...

It is. Try one of the gnu.* groups.

Regards,
Michiel Salters