Velocity Reviews

-   -   Programming Language for Systems Administrator (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t290107-programming-language-for-systems-administrator.html)

Kanthi Kiran Narisetti 04-11-2005 09:10 PM

Programming Language for Systems Administrator

Hi All,

I am Windows Systems Administrator(planning to migrate to Linux
administration in near future), I have occassionally written few batch
files and Vbscripts to automate my tasks.

Now I have strong interest to learn a programming language that would
help me to write Scripts or Application ( In Systems Administrative
point of view) .

I have read on net that Python is the best way to start of for beginers
, Please let me your suggestions and help me out to chose to the right
programming language to write scripts ranging from simple automation
scripts to appliations for my workflow.

I am confused to chose between C++,Python,Perl.

Thanks in Advance

Kk