Velocity Reviews

-   -   linkage (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t288871-linkage.html)

Magix 02-15-2005 07:25 AM

linkage

Hi,

I'm using Visual C++ MFC
Besides using Callback & DLL, is there any other method that I can used to
communicate between one application and another external application ?

Thanks

SirMike 02-15-2005 08:17 AM

Re: linkage

Magix wrote:
> I'm using Visual C++ MFC
> Besides using Callback & DLL, is there any other method that I can used to
> communicate between one application and another external application ?

You can use sockets.

--
the code is my strength
SirMike

Howard 02-15-2005 05:38 PM

Re: linkage

"SirMike" <sirmike@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> Magix wrote:
>> I'm using Visual C++ MFC
>> Besides using Callback & DLL, is there any other method that I can used
>> to communicate between one application and another external application ?

> You can use sockets.

Or shared memory, direct port I/O, COM, CORBA, reading/writing files, http,
messages that tell a human to tell the other app something, mechanical
controls, ...

All of which are not really topical in a C++ language newsgroup. I'd
suggest asking in a Windows or MFC newsgroup.

-Howard