Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Catalyst6500 Configuration (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t28881-re-catalyst6500-configuration.html)

Michael Kiessling 07-07-2003 09:21 AM

Re: Catalyst6500 Configuration

> router(config)#interface vlan 2
> router(config-if)# ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
> router(config-if)#no shut

Thank you very much...
This is exactly what I need (routing between two VLANs)

But there's another question i can't answere by my own:
There's something like, I call it static vlan, where
you map a vlan to a specific port. The alternativ is
to make a 'vtp database' or something, where you
specific a vlan for every mac-address in your lan.
Is that correct?

thx

jonathan fernandes 07-07-2003 04:05 PM

Re: Catalyst6500 Configuration

> But there's another question i can't answere by my own:
> There's something like, I call it static vlan, where
> you map a vlan to a specific port. The alternativ is
> to make a 'vtp database' or something, where you
> specific a vlan for every mac-address in your lan.
> Is that correct?

I think you're referring to the difference between static and dynamic
VLANs.
You would probably find it easier to maintain the static VLANs -- and
yes, you can assign the ports to any VLAN (just like a regular
switch).

switch#set vlan <vlan num> <mod/port>

eg. switch#set vlan 3 1/2 (sets port 2 on module 1 to vlan 3)

Loads more work to do though ... :-)

Michael Kiessling 07-08-2003 08:46 AM

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:05:54 -0700, jonathan fernandes wrote:

> switch#set vlan <vlan num> <mod/port>
>
> eg. switch#set vlan 3 1/2 (sets port 2 on module 1 to vlan 3)
>
> Loads more work to do though ... :-)

Thanks... now I know how to solve my problem :)