Velocity Reviews

-   -   ipv6 - which source address to use? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t28866-ipv6-which-source-address-to-use.html)

wd 07-03-2003 04:24 PM

ipv6 - which source address to use?

Hi,

My ipv6 interface has 3 addresses - link-local , site-local & global
one.
clearly when connecting to global-scope destination, I will use the my
global address as the source, but which one to use as a source when:

connecting to destination on link (global / site-local / link-local)?

connecting to destination on the site, but not on-link (global /
site-local)?

Thanks,
wd.

@ndree 07-04-2003 11:12 AM

Re: ipv6 - which source address to use?

"wd" <trigerboim@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:d4c3e18d.0307030824.39db16bb@posting.google.c om...
> Hi,
>
> My ipv6 interface has 3 addresses - link-local , site-local & global
> one.
> clearly when connecting to global-scope destination, I will use the my
> global address as the source, but which one to use as a source when:
> connecting to destination on link (global / site-local / link-local)?
> connecting to destination on the site, but not on-link (global /
> site-local)?

Hello,
I think what you´re looking for is descriped in RFC3484
"Default Address Selection for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)"

-Andree