Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Cisco IP Phone 7960 broken? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t28862-re-cisco-ip-phone-7960-broken.html)

Jeremy McNamara 06-25-2003 12:36 AM

Re: Cisco IP Phone 7960 broken?

Try using the TFTP configuration method. You may have a bootload
version, which doesn't have an actual application load on it.

Jeremy McNamara

Bernie 06-25-2003 08:41 AM

Jeremy McNamara <jj@nufone.net> wrote in message news:<B_5Ka.33655$Ht.21536@fe12.atl2.webusenet.com >...
> Try using the TFTP configuration method. You may have a bootload
> version, which doesn't have an actual application load on it.
>
> Jeremy McNamara

Thanks, Jeremy, for your fast reply. How can I get an "unbroken"
bootload into that phone? Is the bootload you mentioned pure software,
which can be reloaded again?

Now, I have set up a DHCP server that distributes IP addresses and
added a scope option "150 TFTP Server IP Address" = CallManager's IP
address (I am not sure about 003 Router and 066 Boot Server Host
Name). So far the "broken" 7960 phone doesn't change its behavior. In
its menu: "Settings" -> "4 Status" -> "2 Network Statistics" there are
some receive (Rcv) and transmit (Xmt) activities.

In "Settings" -> "4 Status" -> "3 Firmware Versions" the same
information shows up as on other, working 7960 phones.

The TFTP server seems to be ok on my CallManager, since other phones
are working.

I didn't change anything in my CallManager Administation's Device
Defaults Configuration (default load IP Phone 7960: P00303010102)

Thanks in advance,
Bernie

Jeremy McNamara 06-25-2003 09:20 AM

Re: Cisco IP Phone 7960 broken?

I can't help you much with the Call Manager stuff... After writing a
billing system for it, I decided never to look at any of that crap ever
again.

Jeremy McNamara