Velocity Reviews

-   -   Newbie - simple question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t287708-newbie-simple-question.html)

The Mikester 12-21-2004 01:50 PM

Newbie - simple question

I am fairly new to C++ and i just want to know the best/easiest way to
implement Graphical User Interfaces in my program. Am I right in thinking
Visual C++ is the software for this? Is there anything else I should know?

Tim Love 12-21-2004 02:34 PM

Re: Newbie - simple question

"The Mikester" <Mike.d1983@btinternet.com> writes:

>I am fairly new to C++ and i just want to know the best/easiest way to
>implement Graphical User Interfaces in my program. Am I right in thinking
>Visual C++ is the software for this?

Not on my HP-UX system, no. You may wish to consider trying a different
newsgroup.

Rolf Magnus 12-21-2004 03:29 PM

Re: Newbie - simple question

The Mikester wrote:

> I am fairly new to C++ and i just want to know the best/easiest way to
> implement Graphical User Interfaces in my program. Am I right in thinking
> Visual C++ is the software for this?

It is not "the" software for it. It's one of many options, and it's only
available for Windows (AFAIK).

> Is there anything else I should know?

Yes. This newsgroup only deals with the C++ language defined by ISO. It has
a standard library, but that library doesn't deal with GUI systems at all,
so that would be system/compiler/library specific and you need to consult a
newsgroup that is about that.