Velocity Reviews

-   -   MSVC15 - forcing vtables into the _TEXT or _CODE segment (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t287122-msvc15-forcing-vtables-into-the-_text-or-_code-segment.html)

James FitzGerald 11-24-2004 05:03 AM

MSVC15 - forcing vtables into the _TEXT or _CODE segment

I am building a small memory model DOS exe (does not actually run in
dos but in a custom 16bit environment). For complex reasons I am not
allowed to have any relocatable items.

I have run into a problem where the compiler is putting my vtables
into a new segment (COMDAT_SEG1). I would like to force the compiler
to stick these into a default segment such as the _TEXT segment or
_CODE segment.

The classes are defined as far, and need to be because I need a far
'this' pointer.

Can anyone provide me with a possible solution or lead?

Thanks,

James.

Jack Klein 11-24-2004 08:03 AM

Re: MSVC15 - forcing vtables into the _TEXT or _CODE segment

On 23 Nov 2004 21:03:22 -0800, james.fitzgerald@eracom-tech.com (James
FitzGerald) wrote in comp.lang.c++:

> I am building a small memory model DOS exe (does not actually run in
> dos but in a custom 16bit environment). For complex reasons I am not
> allowed to have any relocatable items.
>
> I have run into a problem where the compiler is putting my vtables
> into a new segment (COMDAT_SEG1). I would like to force the compiler
> to stick these into a default segment such as the _TEXT segment or
> _CODE segment.
>
> The classes are defined as far, and need to be because I need a far
> 'this' pointer.
>
> Can anyone provide me with a possible solution or lead?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James.

You seem to have picked two highly inappropriate groups to post to.

It seems likely that DOS exe's are not really topical in a Windows
programming group, and the rest of your question is compiler specific,
not a language issue at all.

Perhaps news:comp.os.msdos.programmer could help you.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

James FitzGerald 11-25-2004 05:58 AM

Re: MSVC15 - forcing vtables into the _TEXT or _CODE segment

Thanks Jack. Google wouldn't let me, but I'll try something other
than Googles web interface.

Cheers.