Velocity Reviews

-   -   Disabling dialog being displayed in Windows taskbar (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t286925-disabling-dialog-being-displayed-in-windows-taskbar.html)

Kyzer 11-15-2004 03:53 AM

Disabling dialog being displayed in Windows taskbar

Hi all,

I am writing a DLL which includes a function that may open a dialog.
When this dialog is opened, an additional icon and program description
is displayed in the Windows taskbar (similar to any other program that
is opened). What I am looking to do is ensure that when the dialog is
opened, the title of the dialog doesn't display in the Windows taskbar
(eg. opening the Font box in Microsoft Word doesn't display another
item in the taskbar with the name of that dialog). I assume that a
Windows API function would probably do this.

Thanks in advance,
Kyzer

Karthik Kumar 11-15-2004 04:35 AM

Re: Disabling dialog being displayed in Windows taskbar

Kyzer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am writing a DLL which includes a function that may open a dialog.
> When this dialog is opened, an additional icon and program description
> is displayed in the Windows taskbar (similar to any other program that
> is opened). What I am looking to do is ensure that when the dialog is
> opened, the title of the dialog doesn't display in the Windows taskbar
> (eg. opening the Font box in Microsoft Word doesn't display another
> item in the taskbar with the name of that dialog). I assume that a
> Windows API function would probably do this.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kyzer

Please consult Microsoft Windows API n.g. regarding this.
We discuss only the C++ core language and the libraries defined
by the standard.

--
Karthik.
' Remove _nospamplz from my email to mail me. '