Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   MCSE Electives Question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t28637-mcse-electives-question.html)

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gUA==?= 07-21-2005 09:04 PM

MCSE Electives Question

I have my CompTIA A+ and my Network+. It was my understanding that these
together will work as my elective for my MCSA/MCSE certification. Is this
still true for the Server 2003 track of those certifications?

Toby Jennings 07-21-2005 10:32 PM

Re: MCSE Electives Question

Kevin P wrote:
> I have my CompTIA A+ and my Network+. It was my understanding that these
> together will work as my elective for my MCSA/MCSE certification. Is this
> still true for the Server 2003 track of those certifications?

It's hard to tell. The MCSE:2003 page on MS Learning doesn't list the
combo as applicable, but the certification tracker tool lists "A+ and
Security+" as valid electives for MCSE:2000 and MCSE:2003. This could be
a data entry error that's meant to say "A+ and Network+".

You should probably make an official inquiry.

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gUA==?= 07-22-2005 03:04 PM

Re: MCSE Electives Question

Where OF who should i direct the office inquiry to?? do you have an email
address or web page that i can go to?

The Rev [MCT] 07-27-2005 11:21 AM

Re: MCSE Electives Question

No....They can be an elective for the MCSA but not the MCSE. However the
CompTIA Security+ can be an elective for either...

MCSA elective Options are:
A+ and Net+
A+ and Server+
Security+
MCDST

--
"The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

justafreak.com
..

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gUA==?= 07-29-2005 01:31 PM

Re: MCSE Electives Question

Thank you all for the info, thats what i needed to know