Velocity Reviews

-   -   corba enum question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t285788-corba-enum-question.html)

David 09-22-2004 08:40 AM

corba enum question

Hi,

I am writing code using Corba to interface between java and c++
components. This may be changed to COM in the future, so I am trying
to write the interface as independant as possible from the c++.
What would be an elegant solution to create, identical enums in IDL
and c++, so that updating a specific enum will not require changes to
multiple definitions?

Thanks,
David.

Victor Bazarov 09-22-2004 02:16 PM

Re: corba enum question

David wrote:
> I am writing code using Corba to interface between java and c++
> components. This may be changed to COM in the future, so I am trying
> to write the interface as independant as possible from the c++.

Forgive me, David, I must have eaten my dumb pill today, but I cannot
understand the expression "as independant as possible from the c++",
especially in conjunction with posting to a C++ newsgroup.

> What would be an elegant solution to create, identical enums in IDL
> and c++, so that updating a specific enum will not require changes to
> multiple definitions?

Shouldn't you ask this in a CORBA newsgroup, actually?