Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can anyone recommend any Audio Processing libraries? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t285659-can-anyone-recommend-any-audio-processing-libraries.html)

Wayne... 09-16-2004 11:44 AM

Can anyone recommend any Audio Processing libraries?

While still being pretty new to C++ [although not programming in general]
I'd like to produce some audio FX plug in's. S#o I was wondering if anyoner
could point me at any known good libraries or resources.
I'm a bit beliver in producing program's while your learning that you find
interesting, and being a musician it seem's an ideal way to go [thus
allowing me to make plug-in's and app's I want as opposed to what is
available].
Thanks in advace.

Wayne...

Martin Eisenberg 09-16-2004 01:49 PM

Re: [OT] Can anyone recommend any Audio Processing libraries?

Wayne... wrote:

> While still being pretty new to C++ [although not programming in
> general] I'd like to produce some audio FX plug in's. S#o I was
> wondering if anyoner could point me at any known good libraries
> or resources. I'm a bit beliver in producing program's while
> your learning that you find interesting, and being a musician it
> seem's an ideal way to go [thus allowing me to make plug-in's
> and app's I want as opposed to what is available].
> Thanks in advace.

http://www.softsynth.com/musiclinks.html
http://www.harmony-central.com/Computer/Programming/
http://www.musicdsp.org/
http://www.u-he.com/vstsource/
http://spuc.sourceforge.net/
http://hummer.stanford.edu/sig/
http://www.create.ucsb.edu/CSL/
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/stk/
http://www.music.helsinki.fi/research/spkit/
http://plugin.org.uk/

That should just about get you started ;)

Bob Hairgrove 09-16-2004 07:18 PM

Re: Can anyone recommend any Audio Processing libraries?

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:44:05 +0100, "Wayne..."
<w.robson@oneteldsl.net> wrote:

>While still being pretty new to C++ [although not programming in general]
>I'd like to produce some audio FX plug in's. S#o I was wondering if anyoner
>could point me at any known good libraries or resources.
>I'm a bit beliver in producing program's while your learning that you find
>interesting, and being a musician it seem's an ideal way to go [thus
>allowing me to make plug-in's and app's I want as opposed to what is
>available].
>Thanks in advace.
>
>Wayne...

What platform? Intel makes some high performance libraries which run
on x86 platforms (mostly Windows and Linux) -- whether or not audio is
among them, I don't really know.

--
Bob Hairgrove
NoSpamPlease@Home.com

Scott Simontis 09-17-2004 12:52 AM

"Wayne..." <w.robson@oneteldsl.net> wrote in message news:<41497c0f@212.67.96.135>...
> While still being pretty new to C++ [although not programming in general]
> I'd like to produce some audio FX plug in's. S#o I was wondering if anyoner
> could point me at any known good libraries or resources.
> I'm a bit beliver in producing program's while your learning that you find
> interesting, and being a musician it seem's an ideal way to go [thus
> allowing me to make plug-in's and app's I want as opposed to what is
> available].
> Thanks in advace.
>
> Wayne...

Check out fmod, SDL, and OpenAL. You can probably do it with DirectX or Win32 also.

Wayne... 09-17-2004 03:44 PM

"Martin Eisenberg" <martin.eisenbergNOS@PAMudo.edu> wrote in message
> Wayne... wrote:
>
> > While still being pretty new to C++ [although not programming in
> > general] I'd like to produce some audio FX plug in's. S#o I was
> > wondering if anyoner could point me at any known good libraries
> > or resources. I'm a bit beliver in producing program's while
> > your learning that you find interesting, and being a musician it
> > seem's an ideal way to go [thus allowing me to make plug-in's
> > and app's I want as opposed to what is available].
> > Thanks in advace.

> http://www.softsynth.com/musiclinks.html
> http://www.harmony-central.com/Computer/Programming/
> http://www.musicdsp.org/
> http://www.u-he.com/vstsource/
> http://spuc.sourceforge.net/
> http://hummer.stanford.edu/sig/
> http://www.create.ucsb.edu/CSL/
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/stk/
> http://www.music.helsinki.fi/research/spkit/
> http://plugin.org.uk/
>
> That should just about get you started ;)
>
> --
> Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

Thanks for all the link's. That should keep me busy for a while.

Wayne...