Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   Stub Zone vs. Delegation (70-291) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t28535-stub-zone-vs-delegation-70-291-a.html)

a_bleem_user 04-23-2005 10:24 AM

Stub Zone vs. Delegation (70-291)

I'm studying for my 70-291 exam and need to clarify the advantages of
a stub zone vs. a delegation. From what I understand a stubzone is a
kind of superset of a delegation with the extra benefits being
automatic updates of NS records in the child zone and also not being
tied to the parent in domain namespace.

ie) A stub zone in mel.company1.intranet can point to
syd.company2.intranet directly where as a delegation would have to be
done on company2.intranet to point to syd.company2.intranet

Is my understanding of this correct? Can anyone tell me what a
delegation can do that a stub zone can't?

Thanks!

MCSE 04-25-2005 02:48 PM

Re: Stub Zone vs. Delegation (70-291)

From my understanding, stub zones are only useful between zones in a
contiguous namespace.
news:4883723c.0504230224.4966d5e9@posting.google.c om...

MCSE 04-25-2005 07:30 PM

Re: Stub Zone vs. Delegation (70-291)

Excuse me, I meant non-contiguous namespaces.