Velocity Reviews

-   -   Per thread rusage (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t285337-per-thread-rusage.html)

Frank 08-31-2004 07:45 PM

Per thread rusage

Hi,

I got a test script with thread. Pretty much the basic stuff. Each
threat runs the same subroutine. At the beginning and end in the
subroutine I call getrusage to get the usage. But I can get only the
information for the whole processes and not particular to 1 thread. Is
it possible to get the rusage per thread? (the threads are pthreads, so
there should not be any specific OS issues)

Thanks in advanced,

Frank de Bot

Victor Bazarov 08-31-2004 07:49 PM

Re: Per thread rusage

Frank wrote:
> I got a test script with thread. Pretty much the basic stuff. Each
> threat runs the same subroutine. At the beginning and end in the
> subroutine I call getrusage to get the usage. But I can get only the
> information for the whole processes and not particular to 1 thread. Is
> it possible to get the rusage per thread? (the threads are pthreads, so
> there should not be any specific OS issues)

pthreads or any other threads, they _are_ OS-specific (since there are
OSes without threading support). Please ask in the newsgroup that
deals with your OS, or in comp.programming.threads. C++ has no specific
thread support, and it has no function 'getrusage', so your question is
off-topic here. Sorry.

Victor

Mike Wahler 08-31-2004 08:09 PM

Re: Per thread rusage