Velocity Reviews

-   -   C++ random number generator (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t285274-c-random-number-generator.html)

Pat 08-28-2004 03:13 PM

C++ random number generator

I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.
Thanks.

Kai-Uwe Bux 08-28-2004 05:29 PM

Re: C++ random number generator

Pat wrote:

> I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
> distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.
> Thanks.

Try

http://www.boost.org/libs/random/index.html

Best

Kai-Uwe Bux

AngleWyrm 08-28-2004 10:51 PM

"Pat" <Pat@Pat.com> wrote in message news:4130a11a_1@rain.i-cable.com...
> I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
> distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.
> Thanks.

The boost random number library implements some of the best
http://www.boost.org/libs/random/

-:|:-
AngleWyrm
the C++ hat random container
http://home.comcast.net/~anglewyrm/hat.html

Cy Edmunds 08-29-2004 01:44 AM

Re: C++ random number generator

"Pat" <Pat@Pat.com> wrote in message news:4130a11a_1@rain.i-cable.com...
> I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
> distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.
> Thanks.

Follow my sig to the UVS library.

--
Cy
http://home.rochester.rr.com/cyhome/

Pat 08-29-2004 03:35 AM

Re: C++ random number generator

Thank you.

"Pat" <Pat@Pat.com> bl news:4130a11a_1@rain.i-cable.com g...

Yakov 08-30-2004 08:50 PM

Re: C++ random number generator

Hi,

> > I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
> > distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.

I assume you something close to "real" random.
In this case, u should look for the crypto services at your OS's sdk.
And the best is, if u r using an Intel chipset, use its hardware rng -
http://www.google.com/search?q=intel+rng

Yakov