Velocity Reviews

-   -   difference between data hiding & watermarking (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t285269-difference-between-data-hiding-and-watermarking.html)

coolwarrior 08-28-2004 12:10 PM

difference between data hiding & watermarking

Hi,
1_I want to know the difference between "data hiding" , "steganography"
,"watermarking" ,"capsulation" related to DSP.
2_There r plenty of informaion about data hiding for images on the web
,but I'm looking for a GOOD keyword for searching "signal/speech data
hiding/steganography"...Do u have any suggestion about appropriate
keywords or websites?
thanQ so much 4 ur care!
coOlwarrior4ever

Victor Bazarov 08-28-2004 02:10 PM

Re: difference between data hiding & watermarking

"coolwarrior" <coolwarrior4ever@yahoo.com> wrote...
> 1_I want to know the difference between "data hiding" , "steganography"
> ,"watermarking" ,"capsulation" related to DSP.
> 2_There r plenty of informaion about data hiding for images on the web
> ,but I'm looking for a GOOD keyword for searching "signal/speech data
> hiding/steganography"...Do u have any suggestion about appropriate
> keywords or websites?

In all honesty, I am puzzled as to why you posted here. This is a C++
language newsgroup, not English language newsgroup. If you need to know
some terminology related to graphics, post to comp.graphics.algorithms
or other newsgroups with "graphics" in its name. Or, if you're interested
in DSP (digital signal processing, isn't it?), there is comp.dsp newsgroup
where folks probably talk DSP more than anywhere else...

Phlip 08-28-2004 02:30 PM

coolwarrior wrote:

> 1_I want to know the difference between "data hiding" , "steganography"
> ,"watermarking" ,"capsulation" related to DSP.

data hiding and encapsulation are ways to tell your compilers to hint to
program maintainers (including yourself) that re-using a module the way it
does not expect to be re-used adds risk. They have nothing to do with
security.

> 2_There r plenty of informaion about data hiding for images on the web
> ,but I'm looking for a GOOD keyword for searching "signal/speech data
> hiding/steganography"...Do u have any suggestion about appropriate
> keywords or websites?

http://groups.google.com

This group is qualified to discuss platform-neutral C++. If you find a
security algorithm on another forum, you might ask generic C++ questions
about it here.

--
Phlip