Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problems inheriting multiple times. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t285147-problems-inheriting-multiple-times.html)

Snyke 08-21-2004 02:11 PM

Problems inheriting multiple times.

Well the title says it all:
I'm trying to inherit a Class (a Singleton class) twice.
The only problem is that I get a linker problem: it says it can't find
the external depency for the static pointer to the existing instance.
This only occurs when I try to build my second or third class, the
first inherited class works fine.
Anybody got an idea???

Thomas Matthews 08-23-2004 01:40 PM

Re: Problems inheriting multiple times.

Snyke wrote:
> Well the title says it all:
> I'm trying to inherit a Class (a Singleton class) twice.
> The only problem is that I get a linker problem: it says it can't find
> the external depency for the static pointer to the existing instance.
> This only occurs when I try to build my second or third class, the
> first inherited class works fine.
> Anybody got an idea???

Show
Some
Code.

Your problem is on line 42 of Unit1.cpp. I believe
you want to remove the ";".

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message: