Velocity Reviews

-   -   Rotate non-rectangular region (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t284535-rotate-non-rectangular-region.html)

Grzesiek 07-22-2004 01:56 PM

Rotate non-rectangular region

Hello

Is it possible to rotate a non-rectangular region ? Rectangular regions,
created by CreateRectRgn can be rotated using ExtCreateRegion, but how
do the same thing with regions created by CreateEllipticRgn or
CombineRgn? I use Borland C++ Builder

best regards,

Greg

Christopher Benson-Manica 07-22-2004 02:23 PM

Re: Rotate non-rectangular region

Grzesiek <a@b.co> spoke thus:

> Is it possible to rotate a non-rectangular region?

Dunno:

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

> I use Borland C++ Builder

You have my condolences. newsgroups.borland.com.

Gernot Frisch 07-22-2004 02:39 PM

"Grzesiek" <a@b.co> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello
>
> Is it possible to rotate a non-rectangular region ? Rectangular

regions,
> created by CreateRectRgn can be rotated using ExtCreateRegion, but

how
> do the same thing with regions created by CreateEllipticRgn or
> CombineRgn? I use Borland C++ Builder

First, this is OT. Try comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32. Then, the
answer will be "yes, but you will have to do it on your own." Means:
Try to get the region destrition, interprete it, rotate it and set
this as a new region.
It's way easier to clip your own code than the region.
-Gernot