Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   How to run my Curser more faster? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t28341-how-to-run-my-curser-more-faster.html)

=?Utf-8?B?cmFq?= 11-29-2004 12:09 AM

How to run my Curser more faster?

I have a stored procedure written for number of updates, inserts to the
database. This stored procedure takes too long to run. I have created few
indexes around few tables, but the response time is not that defferent.
THere is a Curser "CURSOR FAST_FORWARD FOR" in the stored procedure, and
another stored procedure is called within this Curser. I found that lot of
time been taken to run this Curser. So I want to run/make it faster the
curser. So how should I improve the Curser to run more faster
I would greatly appreciate anyone's idea or suggesions.

thanks

raj

Mark 12-09-2004 11:58 PM

Re: How to run my Curser more faster?

It's not a good idea to mess with the windows32 api to tweak around an
application. Better to consider optimizing your code or boosting the
hardware requirements.