Velocity Reviews

-   -   best book on advanced generics? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t282743-best-book-on-advanced-generics.html)

Stephen Waits 04-30-2004 11:34 AM

best book on advanced generics?

Specifically, I'd like something that goes into detail on expression and
meta templates..

Thanks,
Steve

Sharad Kala 05-01-2004 03:13 AM

Re: best book on advanced generics?

"Stephen Waits" <steve@waits.net> wrote in message
news:40919842$0$77183$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.co m...

> Specifically, I'd like something that goes into detail on expression and
> meta templates..

C++ Templates - The Complete Guide
by David Vandevoorde and Nicolai M. Josuttis

Sumit Rajan 05-01-2004 03:21 AM

Re: best book on advanced generics?

"Stephen Waits" <steve@waits.net> wrote in message
news:40919842$0$77183$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.co m...

> Specifically, I'd like something that goes into detail on expression and
> meta templates..

I'm not sure about the level of detail you seek but you may find "C++
Templates: The Complete Guide" by Josuttis and Vadevoorde helpful. It has a
chapter specially devoted to metaprogramming and also one on expression
templates.

Another book that you may find useful is Andrei Alexandrescu's Modern C++
Design.

Regards,
Sumit.
--
Sumit Rajan <sumitrajan@myrealbox.com>

Alexei Polkhanov 05-01-2004 12:42 PM

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 07:34:05 -0400, Stephen Waits wrote:

> Specifically, I'd like something that goes into detail on expression and
> meta templates..

You may want to look at this list in general:
http://www.accu.org/bookreviews/publ...vanced_c__.htm

And on your subject this book appears to be one of the best:
"C++ Templates: The Complete Guide", link to Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&st=books

Cheers,
---
Alexei Polkhanov