Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   Windows XP Activation (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t28253-windows-xp-activation.html)

Same 10-09-2004 09:44 AM

Windows XP Activation

I want to know the way to activate the windows XP without
any contact with Microsoft without any call, without any
Internet connection,
Actually I am using 2 different machines and I have
windows XP license for 2 machines. Before I did install
windows on these tow machines and activated the windows
through the Internet, but after some days I did format
one machine once and re-installed the windows but once I
went to activate the windows its was showing me
that "Maximum time I have activated the windows now If I
want to activate the windows please use the different
windows key" I don't remember the exact message.
Before a friend of mine told me that once you activate
your windows then make a copy
of "c:\windows\system32.wpa.dbl" for the future if you
reinstall the windows then start your computer in the
Safe Mode and copy this file in the same folder then
start in the normal now it will not ask you to activate
but I did and it was asking me to activate.

So please help me to solve this problem.

Same

Jupiter Jones [MVP] 10-09-2004 06:14 PM

Re: Windows XP Activation

What type of license do you have that is for 2 machines?
Are you referring to "1 - 2 CPU"?
That means two processors, Not two computers.
That is still licensed for only one computer.

You need to contact Microsoft.
Contrary to popular belief copying that file will not prevent the need
for activation in all situations.
A Clean Install always requires activation and that file will not
prevent it as you have seen.

You apparently misread what you saw.
You can activate Windows XP an unlimited number of times on the same
computer.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

Ozzmosys 10-09-2004 06:40 PM

Re: Windows XP Activation

Contact Microsoft. If you indeed have (2) licenses, you can have the
(2) systems. Anyime you have a change or require a re-build with an
XP system that's legal, Microsoft will gladly issue you a new key for
the one that's acting up.

Ozzmosys
A+ Certified
NET+ Certified

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 02:44:32 -0700, "Same"