Velocity Reviews

-   -   program logic (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t281385-program-logic.html)

JasBascom 02-15-2004 08:44 PM

program logic

the following short program is suppose to take a line
c02345edbundie 5californiaSt,WestVirginia
balancetransfer0.00000creditlimit 100
I12345sarahbundie 5californiaSt,WestVirginia
balancetransfer0.00000creditlimit 100

it is suppose to compare the first digit in each line, in this case 0 and 1 and
output them in accending order to the sort_data file.
The problem I have is that the sort data file for some reason can not be
created, could you please tell look over the program tell me if it does what it
is suppose to, and how I can force the program to create the file.

David Harmon 02-15-2004 09:12 PM

Re: program logic

On 15 Feb 2004 20:44:48 GMT in comp.lang.c++, jasbascom@aol.com
(JasBascom) was alleged to have written:
>the following short program is suppose to take a line

You apparently forgot the "following" short program

>The problem I have is that the sort data file for some reason can not be
>created, could you please tell look over the program tell me if it does what it
>is suppose to, and how I can force the program to create the file.

As a bare minimum, put
perror("");
after the failing file create. Found in <stdio.h>