Velocity Reviews

-   -   Marker Class (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t281150-marker-class.html)

Amrith 02-05-2004 12:57 PM

Marker Class

Hi ,

Can anyone explain me, What is a Marker class ?

Thanks
Amrith

Brian Genisio 02-05-2004 02:41 PM

Re: Marker Class

Amrith wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Can anyone explain me, What is a Marker class ?
>
> Thanks
> Amrith

Hmmmm... In what context?

Brian

jeffc 02-05-2004 05:49 PM

Re: Marker Class

"Amrith" <amrith@programmer.net> wrote in message
news:f253dece.0402050457.371871a2@posting.google.c om...
> Hi ,
>
> Can anyone explain me, What is a Marker class ?

I have heard of it used as a class that is only intended to be derived from.
Not that it is necessarily an abstract class (or at least that's not the
point), but that it can be used as a "type" for referring to all the
subclasses. In other words, it "marks" all the derived type object with a
label, of sorts.