Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   Re: start with CIW or mcsa? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t27834-re-start-with-ciw-or-mcsa.html)

Bill Fritz 04-29-2004 09:53 PM

Re: start with CIW or mcsa?

On 4/29/04 2:21 PM, in article
B3ACAF79-8285-40B8-A190-74B750A72D53@microsoft.com, "dunka"

> im thinking about doing CIW foundation then CIW Server administr certs.
> does anyone have any experience of gaining these certs? in particular in
> comparison with mcsa, if you gained them by self study/distance learning,
> cost/time/difficulty. any info in general you can give me would be useful. i
> don't currently have any quals (well, a degree but not ms or ciw etc) but
> have experience in it support & web design
>
> thanks.

The certifications you work toward should be dependent on what you do or
want to do in the IT field. CIW is geared more for web design, development
and admin and the MCSA is designed for those that do tech support (systems
administration). I always recommend to my students that they decide what
they like to do in IT and then find out how to be the best at that
(including getting their certifications in that area). Good luck.

TechGeekPro 04-29-2004 10:24 PM

Re: start with CIW or mcsa?

If you get your MCSE, then you can get the Master CIW Administrator
certification by passing 2 exams instead of 4.

http://www.ciwcertified.com/certific...omm=home&llm=2
or
http://tinyurl.com/2ejld