Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Newbie/Amateur help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t277064-re-newbie-amateur-help.html)

John Harrison 08-25-2003 07:21 PM

Re: Newbie/Amateur help

"Acacia" <newsgroup@fatgerbil.co.uk> wrote in message
news:bidkqv$8hl$1$830fa79d@news.demon.co.uk...
> I'm planning to try and make a really simple, text based Naughts and

Crosses
> (tic tac toe for you Americans) game. I'm 14 and learning some real simple
> C++ out of a book - stuff like overloading operators, functions, for loops
> (I'm onto OOP Classes at the mo). And I may need some help. I'm planning

it
> out - but I just wondered if someone could help me if I got stuck at some
> point? (just a friendly warning ;) ) Any suggestions?

Planning it out is good. If you get stuck either in the planning or in the
coding, we'll help. No-one can help until you ask a question however.

Since you're a newbie suggest you have a good look at the FAQ

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

and the welcome message

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

john