Velocity Reviews

-   -   Free Games Programmed in C++? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t276425-free-games-programmed-in-c.html)

Pandora Xero 08-06-2003 03:03 AM

Free Games Programmed in C++?

Does anybody know if/where i can find free, open-source c++ games?
If so, this would most likely prevent me from asking a whole load
of more complicated questions. I am seeking Graphics-Based Role-
Playing Games in 2-D. So Does anybody know of any place where I
may be able to find what I seek?

Mike Wahler 08-06-2003 03:30 AM

Re: [OT, link] Free Games Programmed in C++?

Pandora Xero <pandora_xero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:390dc7e9.0308051903.24bc9408@posting.google.c om...
> Does anybody know if/where i can find free, open-source c++ games?
> If so, this would most likely prevent me from asking a whole load
> of more complicated questions. I am seeking Graphics-Based Role-
> Playing Games in 2-D. So Does anybody know of any place where I
> may be able to find what I seek?

Yup. www.google.com

-Mike

Greg Schmidt 08-07-2003 12:21 AM

Re: Free Games Programmed in C++?

On 5 Aug 2003 20:03:35 -0700, pandora_xero@hotmail.com (Pandora Xero)
wrote:

>Does anybody know if/where i can find free, open-source c++ games?
>If so, this would most likely prevent me from asking a whole load
>of more complicated questions. I am seeking Graphics-Based Role-
>Playing Games in 2-D. So Does anybody know of any place where I
>may be able to find what I seek?

Searching Google for free games programmed in C++ gives me almost 8000
hits. Due to the nature of games (particularly the use of graphics,
mice, keyboards, joysticks, etc.) none of them are likely to be written
entirely in standard C++, and hence they are off-topic here.

--
Greg Schmidt (gregs@trawna.com)
Trawna Publications (http://www.trawna.com/)

Thomas Matthews 08-11-2003 05:00 PM

David T. Croft wrote:
> I apologies for posting in this position. I don't have permission to begin
> a thread.
>
> Does anyone know if there is an easy way to make a select item, drag to
> form, resize, etc. user interface like the designers have? I want to
> develop a flow sheet style interface for a mathematical model.

Don't know if it is easy, but there must be a way because others have
done it.

Since the _standard_ C++ language doesn't support windowing or graphics,
you'll have to use platform specific functions. These functions are
discussed in another newsgroup. See the links below.

> The flow sheet might look similar to tools for drawing UML diagrams.
>
> Are their drawing classes that I can derive from Visio or even Word?

There might be, but you'll have to ask people in a Word or Visio
newsgroup.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message: