Velocity Reviews

-   -   "The Nuclear Boy Scout" on DVD (UK) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t275703-the-nuclear-boy-scout-on-dvd-uk.html)

Fred Goodwin, CMA 05-05-2006 05:30 PM

"The Nuclear Boy Scout" on DVD (UK)

Eagle & Eagle Production makes this DVD available:

http://www.eagletv.co.uk/home/nuclear.htm

I don't know if a DVD made in the UK will play in US DVD players --
does anyone know?

puppet_sock@hotmail.com 05-05-2006 09:28 PM

Re: "The Nuclear Boy Scout" on DVD (UK)

Fred Goodwin, CMA wrote:
> "The Nuclear Boy Scout" on DVD (UK)
>
> Eagle & Eagle Production makes this DVD available:
>
> http://www.eagletv.co.uk/home/nuclear.htm
>
> I don't know if a DVD made in the UK will play in US DVD players --
> does anyone know?

Maybe. Sometimes the DVD player on a computer will play it
regardless of region information.
Socks

Laddy 05-05-2006 10:22 PM

"Fred Goodwin, CMA" <fgoodwin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1146850211.624476.312390@g10g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> "The Nuclear Boy Scout" on DVD (UK)
>
> Eagle & Eagle Production makes this DVD available:
>
> http://www.eagletv.co.uk/home/nuclear.htm
>
> I don't know if a DVD made in the UK will play in US DVD players --
> does anyone know?

If it's region protected, no, unless you have a region-free player or are
willing to violate the DRMA to strip the protections and reburn as a
region-free DVD. There's also the NTSC vs PAL formats. Some players play
both but not all.

Fred Goodwin, CMA 05-05-2006 10:34 PM

Re: "The Nuclear Boy Scout" on DVD (UK)

I wrote to E&E and they said the format is DVD-R with no region
encoding. Based on what you wrote, I'm wondering if that's a "legal"
copy?

Its being offered by the same production company who made the original
show, so it would seem there could hardly be a copyright issue.

Laddy 05-05-2006 11:02 PM

news:1146868481.340279.180520@i40g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
>I wrote to E&E and they said the format is DVD-R with no region
> encoding. Based on what you wrote, I'm wondering if that's a "legal"
> copy?
>
> Its being offered by the same production company who made the original
> show, so it would seem there could hardly be a copyright issue.

A disk doesn't have to be region protected to be legal; it's up to the
publisher and rights holder. If it's region free then any player can replay
it as long as their player supports the video format. The US uses NTSC and
UK uses PAL. If the DVD is in PAL then a person in the US has to have a dvd
player that will decode PAL.

Fred Goodwin, CMA 05-08-2006 12:53 PM

Re: "The Nuclear Boy Scout" on DVD (UK)

Thanx -- I'll be sure to ask them if their DVD will play in an NTSC
player.