Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can I reset PC DVD player region code again? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t275486-can-i-reset-pc-dvd-player-region-code-again.html)

Otius Gojius 04-05-2006 11:47 PM

Can I reset PC DVD player region code again?

I screwed up and used my laptop PC DVD player's various Region codes
too much, the "feature" expired and now it is locked on Region 2.
A Best Buy Geek told me it's locked in the actual player hardware. The
machine does prompt me for an admin code, I think.

If I knew some sneaky code, can I reset it to Region 1 myself?

Netmask 04-06-2006 04:02 AM

Re: Can I reset PC DVD player region code again?

"Otius Gojius" <otigoji@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1144280854.982027.273630@g10g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
>I screwed up and used my laptop PC DVD player's various Region codes
> too much, the "feature" expired and now it is locked on Region 2.
> A Best Buy Geek told me it's locked in the actual player hardware. The
> machine does prompt me for an admin code, I think.
>
> If I knew some sneaky code, can I reset it to Region 1 myself?

Normally you have 5 changes allowed. However there are other solutions, you
may be able to find a region free firmware solution or for a software
solution go to http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm or

http://www.tomdownload.com/dvd_software/dvd_fab.htm .