Velocity Reviews

-   -   Presidian DVD Recorder at Radio Shack (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t275474-presidian-dvd-recorder-at-radio-shack.html)

jeffreybike@yahoo.com 04-04-2006 09:50 PM

Presidian DVD Recorder at Radio Shack

Radio Shack has a Presidian DVD recorder for $100.00, does anyone have
one? I have seen so many cheap ones that are junk. I understand this
one is not junk but works very well. I like to hear from someone who
has this model.
thanks, J
jhall@cal.net

Bill 04-05-2006 03:54 AM

Re: Presidian DVD Recorder at Radio Shack

jeffreybike@yahoo.com wrote:
> Radio Shack has a Presidian DVD recorder for $100.00, does anyone have
> one? I have seen so many cheap ones that are junk. I understand this
> one is not junk but works very well. I like to hear from someone who
> has this model.
> thanks, J
> jhall@cal.net

About a month ago I purchased, from Best Buy, a Lite-On DVD recorder
that is essentially the same model as the Presidian DVD recorder from
Radio Shack (model #LVW-1107).

For the money, I couldn't be more pleased. The timer has worked
flawlessly, the unit stays incredibly cool during operation, and
recorded image quality is surprisingly good, with decent lip sync
maintained as well. It has had no problems with blank media, the unit
offers PAL to NTSC conversion, and there's even a region-free mode that
can be accessed via a few remote control keypresses.

The biggest omission is the total absence of an S-Video
connector--though there are component outputs. A decent workaround over
here has involved running the composite out signal through my JVC Super
VHS deck first, which cleans things up noticeably.

I had returned two name brand DVD recorders before trying the Lite-On as
a last ditch effort. A Pansonic unit was plagued with faint but
noticeable interference bars that were coming from the video input
section, and an identical replacement unit exhibited the same issue. A
Toshiba unit suffered from no interference, but was so fussy about blank
media that I returned it in frustration. The Lite-On recorder is
somewhat stripped down in comparison to the other two, but it has
performed the basics quite well--and that's mainly all that I wanted
from a DVD recorder.

jeffreybike@yahoo.com 04-17-2006 02:17 PM

Re: Presidian DVD Recorder at Radio Shack

I understand that the DVDs made on the Radio Shack Presidian DVD
recorder can't be played on other DVD players and recorders. Is this
true?
thanks, Jeff
please email me at:
jhall@cal.net

unclejr 04-17-2006 02:24 PM

jeffreyb...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I understand that the DVDs made on the Radio Shack Presidian DVD
> recorder can't be played on other DVD players and recorders. Is this
> true?

If that's the case, then why would you even consider buying it?

-Junior

piperspost@webtv.net 04-18-2006 03:36 AM

Re: Presidian DVD Recorder at Radio Shack

Don't you just have to finalize the disc for playback in other units??