Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD menu & VCD fonts & thumbnail (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t275387-dvd-menu-and-vcd-fonts-and-thumbnail.html)

michelebargeman@yahoo.com 03-28-2006 07:04 AM

DVD menu & VCD fonts & thumbnail

Hello

Before I tell about my dilemma, I think I should start as how I watch
DVD, and VCD so most of you know where I am coming from. You see until
last week I didn't have stand alone dvd player (the one used with TV),
I mostly used Linux to watch DVDs, my favorite app is mplayer which is
able to play everything from Xvid - mp3s. Since I don't watch TV, I
really didn't need a DVD player for a TV . Anyway, I bought a DVD
player last week so I can watch DVDs on my television.

DVD player is a Kaco brand, which is able to play DVD +/- R media.
However, my television is a 14 inch, and it was manufactured in 1985.
As you imagine it doesn't have RCA audio/video plug in. Lucky my VCR
does have a audio/video plug in - and that's how I was able to make
did player work with my television. To make a long story short, I am
able to play all my DVD+R media on my dvd player, and television didn't
have any problem displaying them. However, I personally enjoy them on a
20inch computer monitor, nevertheless, seeing them on an old television
was a delight. Anyway, I thought I should tell everyone where I play my
DVDs & VCDs.

Now the the problem.

I have one DVD. It comes with some very annoying ads. Using DVD shrink
(with wine) I was able to re author it and removed the ads. However,
this means I can't use the menu either. The only way I can keep a
functional menu is by using full disc option. Is it possible to create
a menu for this documentary? Also is it possible to copy the chapter
from the original DVD menu?

#2 VCD

I have a speech in a .wmv format, two songs in mpg format. I was able
to convert them into VCD using Nero with a menu. I am able to play it
on a stand-alone DVD player. However, it gave me very small thumbnail &
I couldn't read name of the files. Is there anyway I can create a menu
for VCD using Linux software.

In case anyone is wondering - my computer is not 486 :)

My Computer hardware profile is:

Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
200 Gig hard-drive (3 partitions ReiserFS, and vfat)
512 DDR-RAMs
16x DVD - Rom
16x DVD - RW DL

I am using Debian - with 2.6.15 kernel. I mostly KDE. I also have
Microsoft Windows.

stevenedwards 03-30-2006 05:11 AM

Re: DVD menu & VCD fonts & thumbnail

news:1143529490.254381.144240@t31g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...