Velocity Reviews

-   -   Max Headroiom (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t275080-max-headroiom.html)

Ken L. Cheshire 02-24-2006 02:48 AM

Max Headroiom

Has anyone heard anything about Max Headroom (the US series) coming out
on DVD?

Eaton Wings 02-24-2006 03:44 AM

Re: Max Headroiom

"Ken L. Cheshire" <ken@klcheshire.com> wrote in news:nruLf.33531$X7.20869
@bignews7.bellsouth.net:

> Has anyone heard anything about Max Headroom (the US series) coming out
> on DVD?

nope not yet.

Bill's News 02-24-2006 11:56 PM

Re: Max Headroiom

Ken L. Cheshire wrote:
> Has anyone heard anything about Max Headroom (the US series) coming
> out on DVD?

Ya know, for all the "older" folk who'd love it, it's hard to believe
that Disney (ABC) won't fork up the entire catalogue of 14 or so eps
and specials (including the great Dave Letterman interview). What??
There's no audience?

For some time, some years ago, there was a DVD offered for sale which
was a capture of regular TechTV reruns. Neither seem to exist any
more. It's as if Disney found the novel ABC, Canadian born, theme to
be more than a tad to introspective????

jayembee 03-05-2006 08:36 AM

Re: Max Headroiom

"Bill's News" <BillsNews@pcmagic.net> wrote:

> Ken L. Cheshire wrote:
>> Has anyone heard anything about Max Headroom (the US series) coming
>> out on DVD?

> Ya know, for all the "older" folk who'd love it, it's hard to believe
> that Disney (ABC) won't fork up the entire catalogue of 14 or so eps
> and specials (including the great Dave Letterman interview). What??
> There's no audience?

Disney/ABC doesn't own it. The show was produced by Karl Lorimar
Television. Warner has owned Lorimar's catalog for somewhere in
the neighborhood of 10-15 years.

-- jayembee

Jeff Rife 03-05-2006 03:54 PM

Re: Max Headroiom

jayembee (jayembeenospam@snurcher.com) wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> "Bill's News" <BillsNews@pcmagic.net> wrote:
> > Ya know, for all the "older" folk who'd love it, it's hard to believe
> > that Disney (ABC) won't fork up the entire catalogue of 14 or so eps
> > and specials (including the great Dave Letterman interview). What??
> > There's no audience?

> Disney/ABC doesn't own it. The show was produced by Karl Lorimar
> Television. Warner has owned Lorimar's catalog for somewhere in
> the neighborhood of 10-15 years.

And, just because a set is "small" or "easy" doesn't mean it will *ever*
come out. There is a rumor that we will get the original "Police Squad"
TV series this year, but until I see it, I won't believe it. And, I
think that's the smallest but most successful "complete series" in the
history of television, with the theatrical movies grossing nearly $250M
total worldwide.

--
Jeff Rife | "...the flames began at a prophylactic recycling