Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD Video (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f40-dvd-video.html)
-   -   Criterion "Ran" opinions? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t274469-criterion-ran-opinions.html)

TB 12-28-2005 03:21 AM

Criterion "Ran" opinions?
 
Anyone picked up the recent Criterion release of "Ran?" I'm curious how
good the newest transfer is, and most importantly, is it in the correct
original theatrical release aspect ratio?

T.B.



fredman 12-28-2005 03:43 AM

Re: Criterion "Ran" opinions?
 
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 03:21:03 GMT, "TB" <Partyslammer@socal.rr.com>
wrote:

>Anyone picked up the recent Criterion release of "Ran?" I'm curious how
>good the newest transfer is, and most importantly, is it in the correct
>original theatrical release aspect ratio?


DVDtalk.com has a pretty good review of this title (I confess I'm not
familiar) and state that they have gotten it right this time around.
Cheers.

Black Locust 12-31-2005 07:43 AM

Re: Criterion "Ran" opinions?
 
In article <gc24r1d5eu3ca3bojuktqk11v1elch48gd@4ax.com>,
fredman <fbergnospamanio@comnospamcast.net> wrote:

> DVDtalk.com has a pretty good review of this title (I confess I'm not
> familiar) and state that they have gotten it right this time around.
> Cheers.


Does Criterion ever get it wrong?
--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people,
and neither do we." - George Dumbya Bush

jayembee 12-31-2005 09:32 PM

Re: Criterion "Ran" opinions?
 
Black Locust <bl2112@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does Criterion ever get it wrong?


Now and then. The framing on CHASING AMY was off, because
that's what Disney gave them. And they released ALPHAVILLE in
fullscreen, because that's the way Godard wanted them to release
it (their LD edition was widescreen). But they don't often screw up.

-- jayembee

fredman 01-01-2006 09:17 PM

Re: Criterion "Ran" opinions?
 
On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 01:43:14 -0600, Black Locust <bl2112@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>In article <gc24r1d5eu3ca3bojuktqk11v1elch48gd@4ax.com>,
> fredman <fbergnospamanio@comnospamcast.net> wrote:
>
>> DVDtalk.com has a pretty good review of this title (I confess I'm not
>> familiar) and state that they have gotten it right this time around.
>> Cheers.

>
>Does Criterion ever get it wrong?


Actually, "they" is this sense meant the previous iterations of the
DVD by two other publishers - who apparantly did not get it right.
Cheers.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.