Velocity Reviews

-   -   Police Academy 5 & 6 on DVD, what transfer is it? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t274050-police-academy-5-and-6-on-dvd-what-transfer-is-it.html)

Jonathan Wilson 11-10-2005 01:28 AM

Police Academy 5 & 6 on DVD, what transfer is it?

I have the box set (with the ugly snapper cases) and 1,2,3,6 and 7 are in
widescreen.
4 & 5 are in fullscreen.

Is this fullscreen Pan & Scan or what?
Exactly what trasnfer are these 2 movies in?

Aphelion 11-10-2005 01:40 AM

Re: Police Academy 5 & 6 on DVD, what transfer is it?

> Is this fullscreen Pan & Scan or what?
> Exactly what trasnfer are these 2 movies in?

The movies are supposed to be in the same widescreen aspect ratio as the
other films. I remember reading something when the box set hit about WB not
being able to find the widescreen masters for 4 & 5. It sucks. I also
think it's tragic if the WS masters are lost for all time, I don't care if
it's for a couple of Police Academy flicks or not... they're still part of
film history.

Aphelion

Jonathan Wilson 11-10-2005 01:38 PM

Re: Police Academy 5 & 6 on DVD, what transfer is it?

I wasnt sure if the 4 & 5 DVDs were in 4:3 Pan & Scan or if they were shot
in 4:3 with the intention that a black mask (dont know the technical term
for it) was to be used on the projector when it was projected and that they
didnt use it when they digitized it to DVD.