Velocity Reviews

-   -   Robert Wise - R.I.P. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t273543-robert-wise-r-i-p.html)

RobMac 09-15-2005 11:21 AM

Robert Wise - R.I.P.

Thanks for all the great movies you made to entertain us.

Stan Brown 09-15-2005 04:04 PM

Re: Robert Wise - R.I.P.

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 07:21:41 -0400 in alt.video.dvd, RobMac favored
us with...
> Thanks for all the great movies you made to entertain us.

The IMDB shows five Robert Wises. Here's a link to the director of
/The SOund of Music/ and /West SIde Story/, who died yesterday:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0936404/

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"To put it bluntly but fairly, anyone today who doubts that the
variety of life on this planet was produced by a process of
evolution is simply ignorant -- inexcusably ignorant, in a world
where three out of four people have learned to read and write."
--Daniel Dennett, /Darwin's Dangerous Idea/ (1995), page 46

unclejr 09-15-2005 08:02 PM

Re: Robert Wise - R.I.P.

Stan Brown wrote:
> The IMDB shows five Robert Wises. Here's a link to the director of
> /The SOund of Music/ and /West SIde Story/, who died yesterday:
>
> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0936404/

When I think of "Robert Wise," yeah, he's the only one that I think of.

-Junior

Alpha 09-15-2005 11:40 PM

Re: Robert Wise - R.I.P.

and The Day the Earth Stood Still.

news:1126811399.672525.81940@f14g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...

Jim Hollis 09-16-2005 06:31 PM

Re: Robert Wise - R.I.P.

And then there is "The Body Snatcher".
"RobMac" <rpmccartney@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for all the great movies you made to entertain us.

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Rich 09-17-2005 12:49 AM

Re: Robert Wise - R.I.P.

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:31:14 GMT, "Jim Hollis"
<jhollis216@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>And then there is "The Body Snatcher".
>"RobMac" <rpmccartney@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for all the great movies you made to entertain us.

The Andromeda Strain, my favorite scifi of all time.
-Rich

Andrew Venor 09-21-2005 12:09 AM

Re: Robert Wise - R.I.P.

RobMac wrote:
> Thanks for all the great movies you made to entertain us.

He had some career. What other director had a list of credits that
spanned the range from The Sound of Music to Star Trek-The Motion Picture.

ALV