Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   infra red problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t27341-infra-red-problem.html)

X Zhang 10-23-2003 10:57 AM

infra red problem

I am using XP. Previously i used my computer on a dock
device and the infrared worked fine. now i unpluged the
laptop off the dock device, the infrared didn't work any
more.

I checked the BIOS, the infrared device is enabled, and I
checked the Device Manager, it shows that infrared device
is working properly, but in the Control Panel, there is
no "wirless link" icon. And I can't communicate using the
built-in infrared device at all.

Can anyone help me please? my email is guyzhang@21cn.com
or xuekai.zhang@hertford.ox.ac.uk

Thank you very much.

zMacabre 10-26-2003 10:43 AM

infra red problem

Let me guess.. is't a Compeq Evo?

Got the same problem with mine.. tried everything but
doesn't work.

In the end sent back to service centre.

They changed the motherboard. Claimed its the caused of
the problem.

For your case, try checking its BIOS, think its the cause
of it besides the motherboard.

Good Luck! : )