Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   Obtaining MCSE and MCDBA Simultaneously (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t27336-obtaining-mcse-and-mcdba-simultaneously.html)

Boba Fett 10-17-2003 09:39 PM

Obtaining MCSE and MCDBA Simultaneously

Is it permitted/possible to use the overlap between the
core and elective requirements for the MCSE and MCDBA
certifications to obtain both simultaneously; i.e., use
the SQL 2000 core exams as the 2 electives for the MCSE
after passing the rest of the MCSE track. By doing this
all of the core and elective requirements are met for both
certs - I was just wondering if Microsoft has put some
kind of restriction on using one passed exam and applying
that same passed exam to obtain another cert.

Jaime 10-17-2003 11:28 PM

Re: Obtaining MCSE and MCDBA Simultaneously

No, you can do that.

Christopher A. Blanchard 10-18-2003 01:38 AM

Re: Obtaining MCSE and MCDBA Simultaneously

Actually, yes you can do that. They intentionally designed the overlap.

Jaime 10-18-2003 10:18 AM

Re: Obtaining MCSE and MCDBA Simultaneously

My reply was no microsoft did not put any restriction on that and yes he can
do that.

Martin Schmid 10-23-2003 08:06 PM

Re: Obtaining MCSE and MCDBA Simultaneously

No, this can be done, but the overlap allows for it. See below.

--
Thanks,
Martin Schmid, EIT, CCSA, MCDBA, MCSE

Tore Bostrup 10-24-2003 01:50 AM

Re: Obtaining MCSE and MCDBA Simultaneously

It's hard to tell from these posts - but everybody agrees AFAICT... :->

The MS certification web site contains information about how overlaps are
permitted.

HTH,
Tore.

Steve 10-28-2003 07:08 PM

Re: Obtaining MCSE and MCDBA Simultaneously

Yes, it is possible to do the 2 SQL server exams as
electives for your MCSE and come away with the MCDBA
certification aswell.

I know, because I did it.

Steve, MCSE, MCDBA