Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD Verdict reviews: THE EAGLES: FAREWELL 1 TOUR: LIVE FROM MELBOURNE and more! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t273358-dvd-verdict-reviews-the-eagles-farewell-1-tour-live-from-melbourne-and-more.html)

DVD Verdict 08-19-2005 08:14 AM

DVD Verdict reviews: THE EAGLES: FAREWELL 1 TOUR: LIVE FROM MELBOURNE and more!

Today, DVD Verdict posted reviews of COLLEGE GIRL MURDERS, CYCLONE,
DADDY WHO?, THE EAGLES: FAREWELL 1 TOUR: LIVE FROM MELBOURNE, HOUR OF
THE GUN, MICKEY: A FAMILY STORY BY JOHN GRISHAM, PAUL RODRIGUEZ: LIVE IN
SAN QUENTIN, and VALHALLA AND OTHER TALES OF INTRIGUE:

COLLEGE GIRL MURDERS (reviewed by Mac McEntire, overall score 63/100):
"A lot of fans have compared it to campy classics such as the Adam West
Batman, or the '60s spy capers such as Our Man Flint. Fans of that era,
and that style, will probably find a few laughs here. But for the rest
of us, the bad far outweighs the good."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/co...irlmurders.php

CYCLONE (reviewed by Mitchell Hattaway, overall score 50/100):
"The movie's poster promises shark attacks. The movie's tagline promises
shark attacks. I want to see some damn shark attacks!"

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/cyclone.php

DADDY WHO? (reviewed by Eric Profancik, overall score 70/100):
"If romantic comedies are your forte, don't touch this one. It feels
like a gloried Lifetime movie of the week."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/daddywho.php

THE EAGLES: FAREWELL 1 TOUR: LIVE FROM MELBOURNE (reviewed by Ryan
Keefer, overall score 73/100):
"A quick tangent: of the Eagles' twelve albums, half have been
compilation/greatest hits albums, or live releases. It's not a huge
complaint; sometimes mega-bands can be lousy in the studio, and there's
nothing wrong with that, but are things really so bad that every other
album must be full of recycled material?"

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/eaglesfarewell1.php

HOUR OF THE GUN (reviewed by Paul Corupe, overall score 74/100):
"Taking its cue from hardboiled crime and gangster films that had made a
comeback in the late 1960s, Hour of the Gun trades in classical notions
of heroism and justice for an anti-hero marshal who discreetly snickers
at the 'dead or alive' addendums on his warrants as he calls out the
Clanton gang and challenges them to one-sided duels."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/hourgun.php

MICKEY: A FAMILY STORY BY JOHN GRISHAM (reviewed by David Johnson,
overall score 75/100):
"It is certainly tailored to be a feel-good kids' sports flick, but the
film is lacking a key ingredient: characters to feel good about."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/mickeyfamilystory.php

PAUL RODRIGUEZ: LIVE IN SAN QUENTIN (reviewed by Neal Solon, overall
score 65/100):
"The biggest problem that I have with this feature performance is that I
just didn't find it funny. It seems, however, that Rodriguez's prison
audience did, and the divide between the convicts' reactions and mine
does give some credence to his talent."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/ro...sanquentin.php

VALHALLA AND OTHER TALES OF INTRIGUE (reviewed by Joel Pearce, overall
score 75/100):
"Never in my life have I fidgeted so much during such a short film."

FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/va...othertales.php

Mike Jackson
Editor & Webmaster, DVD Verdict
www.dvdverdict.com

Stan Brown 08-21-2005 02:51 AM

Re: DVD Verdict reviews: THE EAGLES: FAREWELL 1 TOUR: LIVE FROM MELBOURNE and more!

>FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/co...irlmurders.php

I've been getting "site does not exist" all day today (Saturday, 20
August) -- not "page not found", but the whole site seems
inaccessible.

Anybody else, or is the problem on my end?

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Stan Brown 08-21-2005 08:08 PM

Re: DVD Verdict reviews: THE EAGLES: FAREWELL 1 TOUR: LIVE FROM MELBOURNE and more!

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:51:10 -0400, Stan Brown
<the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>>FULL REVIEW: http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/co...irlmurders.php

>I've been getting "site does not exist" all day today (Saturday, 20
>August) -- not "page not found", but the whole site seems
>inaccessible.
>
>Anybody else, or is the problem on my end?

Whatever was wrong, it's fixed now.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/