Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD Video (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f40-dvd-video.html)
-   -   Any news of Exorcist - The Beginning release? New box-set, etc.? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t273190-any-news-of-exorcist-the-beginning-release-new-box-set-etc.html)

The Man With No Name 07-29-2005 05:18 PM

Any news of Exorcist - The Beginning release? New box-set, etc.?
 
As the title says - firstly, anyone know when the Paul Schrader cut of the
Exorcist IV is being released (and what the specifications are,) and when
Warner will be rereleasing the whole series (especially the original) with a
decent set of extras?



Derek Janssen 07-29-2005 10:24 PM

Re: Any news of Exorcist - The Beginning release? New box-set, etc.?
 
The Man With No Name wrote:

> As the title says - firstly, anyone know when the Paul Schrader cut of the
> Exorcist IV is being released


It's now set to be released as "Exorcist: Dominion", so that Fox can
recoup their losses on the OTHER one--
Well, it *was*, anyway, don't know know what happened.

Derek Janssen
djanss@charter.net

gaffo 07-30-2005 12:44 AM

Re: Any news of Exorcist - The Beginning release? New box-set, etc.?
 
The Man With No Name wrote:

> As the title says - firstly, anyone know when the Paul Schrader




that the good one they cut,and never showed????




cut of the
> Exorcist IV is being released (and what the specifications are,) and when
> Warner will be rereleasing the whole series (especially the original) with a
> decent set of extras?
>
>




III was good. the one I have is "letterboxed" ;-(.





--


Jurors should acquit, even against the judge's instruction...if
exercising their judgement with discretion and honesty they have a clear
conviction that the charge of the court is wrong.

Alexander Hamilton, 1804

Black Locust 07-30-2005 06:12 AM

Re: Any news of Exorcist - The Beginning release? New box-set, etc.?
 
In article <t3AGe.2469$IH2.987@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>,
gaffo <gaffo@usenet.net> wrote:

> that the good one they cut,and never showed????


According to people who have seen it(it's been released to theatres in
austrailia i believe), it's even worse than the Renny Harlin version.
--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people,
and neither do we." - George Dumbya Bush

The Man With No Name 07-30-2005 08:34 AM

Re: Any news of Exorcist - The Beginning release? New box-set, etc.?
 

"Black Dumbya Locust" <bl2112@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:bl2112-B01F39.00120330072005@news.uswest.net...
> In article <t3AGe.2469$IH2.987@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>,
> gaffo <gaffo@usenet.net> wrote:
>
> > that the good one they cut,and never showed????

>
> According to people who have seen it(it's been released to theatres in
> austrailia i believe), it's even worse than the Renny Harlin version.
> --
> "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
> They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our

people,
> and neither do we." - George W. Bush


Kind of curious about the new Dominion. But, mainly, I've been holding off
buying all the Exorcist films until the inevitable double-dip box-set, and
it seems plausible that it might happen with the release of Dominion.



Derek Janssen 07-30-2005 12:11 PM

Re: Any news of Exorcist - The Beginning release? New box-set, etc.?
 
The Man With No Name wrote:
>>
>>>that the good one they cut,and never showed????

>>
>>According to people who have seen it(it's been released to theatres in
>>austrailia i believe), it's even worse than the Renny Harlin version.

>
> Kind of curious about the new Dominion. But, mainly, I've been holding off
> buying all the Exorcist films until the inevitable double-dip box-set, and
> it seems plausible that it might happen with the release of Dominion.


Actually, it seems like at the last minute Warner'd hoped to keep the
two separate, on the notion that if one eventually became a hit, they
could forget the other one ever existed.

Derek Janssen (meaning, you can stop wearing those yellow ribbons for
the Beginning:SE, methinks)
djanss@charte.net


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.