Velocity Reviews

-   -   Expensive Criterion DVDs -- update (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t273141-expensive-criterion-dvds-update.html)

Charles C. Shyu 07-25-2005 02:03 AM

Expensive Criterion DVDs -- update

Check out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The Killer and Salo for $309 and $455 respectively. Amazing.
--
Charles C. Shyu
http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

Jordan 07-25-2005 02:56 AM

Re: Expensive Criterion DVDs -- update

Makes me wonder what my Robocop would go for.

That was the freakiest thing for me about getting set up on DVD
Aficionado... how many of my DVDs are out of print now.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...&id=jordanlund

- Jordan

Allan 07-25-2005 05:23 AM

On 24 Jul 2005 19:56:40 -0700, "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Makes me wonder what my Robocop would go for.

$25

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

Doonie 07-25-2005 06:47 AM

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 02:03:12 GMT, Charles C. Shyu wrote:

>Check out:
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
>
>The Killer and Salo for $309 and $455 respectively. Amazing.

How can the guy know what the insert and disc look like if it's
supposed to be factory sealed?

Allan 07-25-2005 04:28 PM

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 02:47:56 -0400, Doonie <me@myself.i> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 02:03:12 GMT, Charles C. Shyu wrote:
>
>>Check out:
>>
>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
>>
>>The Killer and Salo for $309 and $455 respectively. Amazing.

> How can the guy know what the insert and disc look like if it's
>supposed to be factory sealed?

"All of the info and pictures about the disc itself is taken from my
personal open copy which was purchased at the same time as this sealed
one."

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

Jason Halsey 07-25-2005 10:05 PM

Re: Expensive Criterion DVDs -- update

I'm wondering what the rarest out of print dvd is, if according to the
seller "salo is second and the killer is third.
any ideas?

Phillip S. 07-25-2005 11:27 PM

Re: Expensive Criterion DVDs -- update

On Monday 25 July 2005 16:05, Jason Halsey <jayhalsey@sbcglobal.net>
(<OmdFe.807$vq2.50@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>) wrote:

> I'm wondering what the rarest out of print dvd is, if according to the
> seller "salo is second and the killer is third.

"Little Shop of Horrors"?

Steve(JazzHunter) 07-26-2005 12:58 AM

Re: Expensive Criterion DVDs -- update

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:27:54 -0600, "Phillip S."
<sorry@no.more.spam4me> wrote:

>On Monday 25 July 2005 16:05, Jason Halsey <jayhalsey@sbcglobal.net>
>(<OmdFe.807$vq2.50@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>) wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering what the rarest out of print dvd is, if according to the
>> seller "salo is second and the killer is third.

>"Little Shop of Horrors"?

Rarest? HBO release of the Goldwyn title "A Song is Born," (probably
from the Pioneer laserdisc master) which had just a couple of tests
pressed, currently there's no release of that title any time in the
future; and until it was finally released officially recently "Barbary
Coast" for which some 15 or 20 got out two years ago. Both of these
were fetching $2000 plus on Ebay.

.. Steve ..

Frohike 07-26-2005 01:17 AM

Re: Expensive Criterion DVDs -- update

Wow, time to sell my DVDs of The Killer and first pressing of Seven Samurai!

news:ALXEe.16616$aY6.5747@newsread1.news.atl.earth link.net...