Velocity Reviews

-   -   Don't buy Battlestar Galactica S1 at Best Buy!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t273110-dont-buy-battlestar-galactica-s1-at-best-buy.html)

Stan Jensen 07-21-2005 02:37 AM

Don't buy Battlestar Galactica S1 at Best Buy!!

You'll miss out....

From The Digital Bits....

we finally have official word from Universal on the DVD release of
Battlestar Galactica: Season One. As many of you know, the 4-disc U.K.
DVD release of the complete first season (all 13 episodes) has been
reformatted for NTSC and will be available exclusively at Best Buy
stores next Tuesday (7/26 - SRP $49.99). Video is anamorphic
widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, and extras on the U.K./Best
Buy release include 50 minutes of deleted scenes.

BUT... if you can wait a couple of months... the OFFICIAL U.S. release
of Battlestar Galactica: Season One will be widely available from
Universal on 9/20 (SRP $59.98) and the 5-disc set promises to be well
worth the wait. Not only will you get all 13 hour-long episodes in
anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, and the 50
minutes of deleted scenes, you'll get a lot more as well. Disc One
will include the complete 4-hour TV miniseries with the previously
released audio commentary with director Michael Rymer and executive
producers David Eick and Ron Moore. Discs 2-5 will feature many
additional episodes with optional audio commentary (by various
combinations of Rymer, Eick and Moore) including the Pilot, Bastille
Day, Act of Contrition, You Can't Go Home Again, Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me
Down, The Hand of God, Colonial Day, Kobol's Last Gleaming: Part 1 and
Kobol's Last Gleaming: Part 2 (we believe these include all of the
podcast commentaries that have been available on SciFi.com). Disc 5
will also include a behind-the-scenes featurette, the aforementioned
deleted scenes, a gallery of production sketches and artwork, a
Battlestar Galactica Series Lowdown featurette and 1 of 3 collectible
trading cards. The cover artwork will be different that the U.K./Best
Buy art (which we've shown previously here) - you'll find the new art
below. So now at least we know why there's been a delay. The U.S.
release will feature MUCH more bonus material than the U.K./Best Buy
edition.

The Man Behind The Curtain 07-21-2005 05:04 PM

Re: Don't buy Battlestar Galactica S1 at Best Buy!!

There was really an episode called "Tigh Me Up. Tigh Me Down"??

Is this the old BG or the new one?

John

Justin 07-21-2005 09:02 PM

The Man Behind The Curtain wrote on [Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:04:08 GMT]:
> There was really an episode called "Tigh Me Up. Tigh Me Down"??
>
> Is this the old BG or the new one?

Well... yes.

Biz 07-21-2005 10:10 PM

Re: Don't buy Battlestar Galactica S1 at Best Buy!!

This is the nw BG currently on SCI-FI. The XO's name is Tigh.

Allan 07-21-2005 10:12 PM

Re: Don't buy Battlestar Galactica S1 at Best Buy!!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3734

Battlestar Galactica - Full-Sized Art
Posted by Gord Lacey

We only had a small thumbnail to show you when Battlestar Galactica
was announced yesterday, but now we have the full-sized art! Take a
look below:

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

Invid Fan 07-21-2005 10:38 PM

Re: Don't buy Battlestar Galactica S1 at Best Buy!!

In article <slrnde02rv.n3t.nospam@debian.dns2go.com>, Justin
<nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:

> The Man Behind The Curtain wrote on [Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:04:08 GMT]:
> > There was really an episode called "Tigh Me Up. Tigh Me Down"??
> >
> > Is this the old BG or the new one?

> Well... yes.

I hope the sex scenes were as good as the ones in the movie :)

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

Tarkus 07-21-2005 11:34 PM

On 7/21/2005 3:12:29 PM, Allan wrote:

> http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3734
>
> Battlestar Galactica - Full-Sized Art
> Posted by Gord Lacey
>
> We only had a small thumbnail to show you when Battlestar Galactica
> was announced yesterday, but now we have the full-sized art! Take a
> look below:

Heh. Olmos isn't very photogenic, I guess. ;)
--
"I want your blood. And I want your soul.
And I want them both right now!"

Now playing: the radio.

The Man Behind The Curtain 07-23-2005 01:39 AM

Justin wrote:
> The Man Behind The Curtain wrote on [Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:04:08 GMT]:
>
>>There was really an episode called "Tigh Me Up. Tigh Me Down"??
>>
>>Is this the old BG or the new one?

> Well... yes.

That sure answered my question. Thanks for straightening that out,
Justin. :-/

John

Michael Walker 07-23-2005 03:31 AM

Re: Don't buy Battlestar Galactica S1 at Best Buy!!

I don't really care about the extras, and I already have the miniseries dvd.

Jordan 07-24-2005 09:48 PM

Re: Don't buy Battlestar Galactica S1 at Best Buy!!

So the question is are the UK episodes extended or are they the same
cut as the US release? Since the UK allows for -ahem- "nipply bits"
while the US version would be burned at a stake for even hinting and
something pink or convex it would be nice to know how long each episode
runs in both versions.

- Jordan