Velocity Reviews

-   -   Conversion of VOB files to MPEG (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t272572-conversion-of-vob-files-to-mpeg.html)

Alistair 05-10-2005 11:16 AM

Conversion of VOB files to MPEG

Hi Can anyone tell me what program will change a VOB file from a dvd to an MPEG. I have a Home DVD from a friend and he wanted music put to it I can rip the DVD to my hard drive but cannot use edit programs to open or convert it.

Thanks

Oldus Fartus 05-10-2005 11:27 AM

Re: Conversion of VOB files to MPEG

Alistair wrote:
> Hi Can anyone tell me what program will change a VOB file from a dvd to
> an MPEG. I have a Home DVD from a friend and he wanted music put to it I
> can rip the DVD to my hard drive but cannot use edit programs to open or
> convert it.
>
> Thanks

First of all, would you please post in plain text to newsgroups?

What program are you going to use to edit your files? VOB files are
basically MPEG2, so quite a few programs will import them direct. For
the ones that do not, I have found a simple rename of the extension works.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus